DOG BOARDING – DAY CARE REGULATIONS & PROCEDURES
1.1. Reservations for boarding are made in writing via Whatsapp message which will include the name of the animal and the exact period for which the accommodation is requested (new guests must provide details about age, breed , waist, sex, neutering, temperament, possible behavior problems and other specific details). The boarding period must include the date on which the pet is brought and the date on which it is picked up.
1.2. The time interval for drop-off and pick-up is between 8 AM & 8 PM. It is necessary to notify in advance the hours at which the dog will be dropped off and picked up. It is possible to drop off and pick up the dog outside the usual schedule by announcing in advance and paying an early / late drop-off / pick-up fee.
1.3. We focus on quality , not quantity, so boarding and day care spots are limited ! For this reason, we ask our clients to book their pets in advance, especially if it during the summer or holiday season.
Of course we also understand the unforeseen / emergency situations and we do our best to satisfy even late requests, so do not hesitate to contact us even so. Reservations made less than 48 hours in advance are charged extra.
1.4. Visiting the boarding facility before your reservation is not advisable as it will agitate and stress the dogs currently boarding with us, and we like keeping them calm without subjecting them to unnecessary stress. Remember that, although it is a place of business, this is also our home. If you want to view our facility and boarding condition you can find photos and videos in our Media Gallery section.
1.5. A deposit of 20% of the total amount, payable by bank transfer or Revolut, is required to confirm the reservation.
2.1. Cancellations need to be made in writing via sms or whatsapp. In case of a cancellation, the deposit is nonrefundable.
2.2. Shortening of bookings due to returning home earlier is possible, but you will be charged for the entire period initially booked.
2.3. We are flexible if you need to extend the reservation, and the difference will be paid on pick-up.
3. MANDATORY CONDITIONS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF DOGS FOR BOARDING OR DAY CARE
3.1. The main condition that your dog must meet is to be friendly and sociable with other dogs or at least be tolerant in the presence of other dogs. Although we love all dogs, unfortunately we cannot accept dogs with aggressive tendencies for safety reasons. However, if tensions occur during boarding or if we observe various antipathies and unpleasant behaviors, we have the option of separating the dogs in question.
At Tina’s Pets accommodation is done in a friendly and warm home, just to better imitate the conditions in your home. Here, dogs are not left alone and are not separated by cages or small rooms, instead they are allowed to socialize and play under the close supervision of our caregivers.
3.2. All dogs must have valid annual vaccines and need to be freshly dewormed internally and externally .
Mandatory vaccines for dogs over 4 months:
- DHPPI (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza)
- Rabies & Leptospirosis
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
Deworming is also extremely important! Especially if you walk your dog in public parks. Please do not neglect them and do not expose your dog to risks that can be easily avoided. We recommend that you also consult with your veterinarian regarding the best deworming intervals for your pet.
3.3. The minimum age for boarding acceptance is 4 months, provided you have a complete vaccination schedule, and at least 14 days have passed since the last vaccine and the last deworming was done recently.
3.4. We recommend that all dogs that have reached the age of 8 months be neutered according to the local law and regulations. Exceptions are the exhibition dogs that have a pedigree and breeding rights. We reserve the right to refuse accommodation to dogs that do not comply with the local legislation and we recommend home visits or other alternatives for their care.
3.5. We do NOT accept females in heat , or those who will enter heat in the next 30 days or have been ovulating (Estrus) less than 30 days before boarding. For these cases, we warmly recommend home visits.
3.6. It is mandatory to inform the female’s fertility status when booking accommodation. It is also mandatory to mention, at the time of booking, the condition of the male from a sexual point of view (permanently castrated, chemically castrated or uncastrated).
4. PRICES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
4.1. Payment needs to be made in full on the first day of boarding when the dog is dropped off, or during the morning drop off for day care reservations.
4.2. The payment options are: cash, revolut or card.
4.3. Standard rates and additional fees are detailed here . In the case of animals with special needs or that require special attention, a personalized price offer will be issued.
5. BOARDING CONDITIONS
- The boarding facility has a total of 700 sqm indoor space that is puppy proofed and is welcoming and warm, with an outdoor space of 2500sqm where dogs can go potty and roam freely.
- Tina’s Pets is not a classic pet hotel and has no paddocks or outdoor cages. Therefore, we do not have accommodation conditions for exclusively outdoor dogs, but we recommend the service of home visits .
- We can provide indoor crates for dogs that have “crate training” and feel comfortable there. It is not necessary to transport their own crate from home.
- While boarding with us, the dogs will benefit from individual attention, feeding at time intervals indicated by the owner, a lot of play and socializing with other puppies, discipline , exercising the commands learned at home, waiting exercises, physical activities, rest and a lot of love & affection.
- The dogs spend nights sleeping in their special common bedroom, inside fluffy doggy beds, or on the couch, place beds, wherever they feel more confortable.
- Tina’s Pets provides food and water bowls, fluffy beds, strong toys, treats, many kisses and belly rubs.
- Owners will receive periodic updates regarding the dog’s condition with photos + videos.
- At the client’s request, we can bathe and groom the dog before he is taken home. It is preferable that he is not afraid of water / dryer, because we do not want to traumatize the dogs 🙂 This is included in the price.
- We place great emphasis on hygiene and cleanliness . Both interior and exterior surfaces are cleaned and disinfected daily with professional hospital grade products. Also the beds and toys are washed and disinfected after every dog. Water and food bowls are private and are washed in the dishwasher in “hygene” mode at 90 degrees C after each use.
6. THE DOG’S LUGGAGE
The following items must be brought:
- Health card/booklet/passport with all vaccines and dewormings valid during your stay
- Enough food for the duration of the accommodation. Any kind of food is accepted, including raw or cooked. We do not want to interrupt the routine he is used to at home to make it easier for him to adapt.
- Vitamins, minerals or other medications if he is on any current treatment with details of administration and dosage. (medication administering is included in the cost of boarding)
Optional items you can bring for them:
- a blanket with his home smell or an item of clothing with the owner’s smell
- his special treats, if he has certain food allergies or dietary restrictions. (we also provide treats that are included in the price of boarding)
- toothbrush, toothpaste or other tools for oral hygiene
- clothes for the cold season
- toys, etc.
- list of rules and limitations to be followed (eg not allowed in the kitchen, on the couch, etc.), favorite toys, allergy list, other tips and suggestions for the dog’s faster accommodation.
* we must mention that we do not offer a guarantee for optional items brought from home and there is a risk that they may deteriorate during boarding. This is reffering to the blankets and toys. Therefore, they are brought at your own risk.
7. EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, ACCIDENTS, DAMAGES & NATURAL DISASTERS
- In case of minor accidents, we are trained in pet first aid and prepared with a special first aid kit for dogs in order to provide immediate first aid on the spot before transporting the dog to the veterinary office if needed.
- We are trained to identify medical emergencies that require a visit to the vet’s office and we have the means to transport the dog, if necessary, to the nearest open veterinary clinic or to the client’s preferred veterinarian. In cases where transport to the doctor is necessary, we will contact you immediately, but if you do not respond or are unavailable and the condition of the animal is urgent, we will make decisions depending on the severity of the situation. If you have specified in the instructions the veterinarian to whom your pet is registered, we will call him if it is open, if not, we will go to the nearest doctor / clinic in the area. It is the responsibility of the owner to reimburse the medical expenses paid by the pet sitter plus the fee for transporting the animal.
- Any damage caused by the animal during boarding falls under the pet sitter’s responsability.
- In the event of natural disasters and calamities, we will try, as far as possible, to keep all the clients staying in our home safe.